River’s Edge Owners Association, Inc. – Board of Directors Meeting – August 29, 2015
Pat Kelly, President
Joyce Briggs, Treasurer
Jan Bateman, Secretary
Harley Hollingsworth, At Large (Via Phone)
The Board of Directors Meeting was called to order by Pat Kelly at 10:00 am.
Approval of Minutes: A motion to approve the minutes from May 16, 2015 was made by Jan Bateman and seconded by Harley Hollingsworth.. Motion passed.
President’s Report: Pat welcomed everyone in attendance to the meeting and welcomed Harley Hollingsworth by phone.
Treasurer’s Report: Joyce first reviewed the Profit & Loss Statement (Actual vs.Budget vs. Indicated Actual) as of August 12, 2015. The Balance Sheet through the same time period was reviewed next.
There was a great deal of time devoted during this meeting to reviewing and analysing the “Budget for 2016.” There are increases in some fixed costs, resulting in a major concern regarding the bottom line for next year. The Board, of course, is concerned regarding not having any money to put in the replacement reserve; but more importantly, there is potential for a negative bottom line. Therefore the Board also spent time reviewing each line item to determine the possibility of reducing expenses, as well as increasing the association dues. This will be reviewed and put to a vote at the Member Meeting on September 5, 2015.
Grounds Maintenance and Pavilion Cleaning new contracts were presented and reviewed in detail. Pat is going to review the Board recommendations with Harold on his contract and this, as well as the contract for the Pavilion Cleaning will be reviewed during the Member Meeting.
A motion was made to approve the Treasurer’s Report by Harley Hollingsworth and seconded by Jan Bateman. Motion passed.
* Pat is going to call the Dumpster company to see if they can pick up only once a week during the winter (rather than twice) which could potentially produce additional savings for the park.
* The Aerator was installed in the pond and there have not been any problems.
* The diseased limbs on the Cypress trees will be trimmed.
* Jan will contact Windstream to put a hold on the account for the winter months, November 2015 – April 2016; this will reduce the monthly cost in half.
* Harley Hollingsworth has stated that he will volunteer for another term “At Large” if no one else is nominated; Jeff Edwards has agreed to the same as “Vice President”; and Kelly Rogers has volunteered for the “Secretary” position. These volunteers, along with all other nominations, will be voted on by the members next Saturday.
* Ivin presented a plan to the Board regarding enclosing the North building, making it more user friendly and a greater amenity to all the members. The Board asked that this be presented and voted on at the next Member Meeting.
Adjournment: A motion was made by Jan Bateman to adjourn the meeting and seconded by Harley Hollingsworth. Motion passed and the meeting was adjourned.
Respectfully Submitted………..Jan Bateman, Secretary